Job Posting: Community Impact Advisor
Help us support the work of ending homelessness through the improved collection and analysis of data! Simtech Solutions Inc. is a mission-driven for profit with over 20 years of leadership in developing data gathering tools such as our Show The Way and Counting Us mobile apps, the HomelessData.com data warehouse, and performance monitoring and evaluation dashboards built using Tableau. Our technical solutions work alongside the Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) required by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to be used by regions who receive HUD funding.
The Community Impact Advisor will help us support communities such as Houston, Toledo, and Kansas City in their process of utilizing the data to improve the efficacy of the work being done to address homelessness. The ideal candidate will have effective communication and troubleshooting skills and be capable of learning our software and sharing how to use it with others through online trainings, webinars, recorded videos, and written documentation.
Alongside other Simtech staff, the selected candidate will serve as a project manager for current and future initiatives to use tech to help address homelessness. Job responsibilities will include gathering feedback from people with lived experience of homelessness, and those who support them, to help shape a better technical framework to respond to homelessness. The selected candidate will support communities to use data visualizations, performance scorecards, and reports to turn raw data into actionable intelligence.
As a small business, the job responsibilities will vary and may also include assisting with maintaining web site content, testing, and responding to help desk tickets.
- Project management experience including the ability to create a project work plan, set reasonable expectations, and work with the client and our internal team to ensure those expectations are met if not exceeded.
- Able to translate technical concepts into common parlance to support the customer base, including the usage of screen sharing to demonstrate and support users.
- The ability to provide guidance to customers on how to meet Federal and local requirements with the aid of our technical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with others both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service skills including both an attention to detail, the ability to listen, and patience.
- Ability to problem solve and make independent decisions, while working well with other teammates towards a common goal of addressing homelessness.
- Ability to work both independently as well as a member of a team, to be results oriented, and be able to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- A commitment to social justice and an interest in alleviating homelessness
“Nice to Have” Qualifications
- Familiarity with Tableau or other Business Intelligence tools to aid in the creation of new dashboards, refine existing ones, and to keep the results fresh.
- Ability to edit and publish changes to web sites with the aid of WordPress.
- Experience either as a user or administrator of a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $52,000 – 65,000 (depending on experience)
Location: There is flexibility for this position to be fully remote, however the selected candidate would be welcome to work out of our offices at 575 Washington St Canton, MA 02021.
If you are interested in applying, please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.