Communities face many common challenges when attempting to effectively respond to the range of housing needs of individuals and families. At Simtech, we recognize the role that technology can play in improving the service delivery model. Examples of the current challenges to be overcome include:
- Systems being too focused on reporting rather than the work of helping people;
- Data is fragmented between providers, systems, and regions;
- Coordinated Entry Systems are excluding the most vulnerable and service-resistant;
- First responders, such as police and medical personnel, are often disconnected from coordinated entry systems;
- Data entry is overly burdensome on staff;
- Different funders have different requirements.
To overcome these challenges, multiple technical objects (or services) can be integrated into a singular framework. Each service within the framework fulfills a specific functional requirement and works seamlessly with the other services through the adoption of established data exchange protocols.